Thread: Windows Media Player 11 cannot read cd on Windows Vista

Windows Media Player 11 cannot read cd on Windows Vista

I need help to solve some issue I am facing on Windows Media Player. I am using the latest edition. I have a Vista laptop. When I insert a audio disc in the laptop I got a error message on the screen that Windows Media Player is unable to read the cd. The disc might be dirty or damaged. Turn on error correction, and then try again. The disc is brand new and there is no problem on the surface. Media Player is not loading any songs from that. What should I do to fix the same.

Try to rip the songs first and then play them. The disc is not damaged, Media Player is unable to identify them. Try to run Windows Update, I hope you can find some related codec from the same. Ripping allows you to transfer the related content of CD to your hard drive and the media player finds it more easy to play. Check the optical drive of your laptop as well. There can be some hardware issue also.

Thanks for the information. I never figure out to rip the audio files first. It allows me to keep a backup also. Also I switched to a different media player which really worked with audio disc. It looks Media Player is having some issue.

re: Windows Media Player 11 cannot read cd on Windows Vista

I am assume that ripping would work and it will be easier also. I just want to know that does there is a direct way of ripping audio files in Windows Media Player.