Thread: Media Player Mini-Toolbar Missing

Media Player Mini-Toolbar Missing

I had seen a small toolbar on Windows Media Player. I had switched the same to mini skin and there was a toolbar. There was a list type feature that allows to add or remove toolbar on the screen. I want that back. It simply disappear. How can I restore the same back. I checked everything but still not able to find any related to settings for the media player.

What is the version of media player you are using. There might be some settings on the same. You must switch the skin in the settings and then see it might appear. First of all I am not able to understand about which tool bar you are talking. Please try to explain the same in detail. Try to reset the settings and check back.

Re: Media Player Mini-Toolbar Missing

Hey all, I would also like to add something... I was having trouble with this until this morning I took some initiative and ran the regsrv32 a little differently. Because I am at work and the version of WIN XP we run is limited, I do not have "RUN" as a start menu option. Here is the solution. I went into the folder which contains the .dll file appropriate to the action required and double clicked it. (C:\programs files\windows media player\wmpand.dll) When the window opened and asked which program to run the .dll file with, I chose browse, then I followed this path (C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsrv32.exe) then an entry for a 'program' appeared in the list of programs to chose from that was not previously available. It shows as "Microsoft(C) Registered Server." Once I chose this new entry, I clicked "OK" and it ran the appropriate file and now my WMP Toolbar is working properly. Have a good one folks, I hope this helps out someone else in the same/similar situation.

OK, This information and the thread is hitting all around my problem however, I still cannot get my problem fixed. I am using Windows XP (most updated version)and WMP 11. I cannot get the WMP Mini-toolbar to be minimized on the task bar. While I am on a govt computer, I do have a fair amount of admin rights to do downloads and such. My run Cmd is NOT restricted so I can download and tweek quite a few things, but not everything. I tried the right click on the task bar, then go to toolbars, however there is NO OPTION for selecting the "Windows Media Player" in the list as a toolbar option. It just does not show up on the list to have a check-mark placed by it. I tried the "adding a toolbar" option, but that failed as well (can't find the file/folder containing the mini toolbar to be added). I do NOT seem to have the .dll file (C:\programs files\windows media player\wmpand.dll) that was suggested to be "RUN" in a previous thread. I searched for it but searches can't find anything with that name. Does anyone have a clue as to how I can get my Mini-toolbar working ?

Thank you, I have fixed the problem