Thread: Media Player 11 won't play .avi or .mpg files

Media Player 11 won't play .avi or .mpg files

Windows Media Player 11 installed in my system has suddenly stopped playing avi and mpg files. I did not had any issue in playing same avi and mpg files earlier, some file get played without video and just audio where as some file comes up with an error message saying “Media Player encountered problem while playing the file”. Currently i have updated all codecs but i can still not play .avi or .mpg files in Media Player 11.

What you see in windows media player Help:About:Technical Support Information menu tool? other than that remove all third party codec that you might have installed and check out if that makes any difference. You can try installing CCCP after removing third party codec and Don't forget to post details of your Technical Support Information menu tool.

Re: Media Player 11 won't play .avi or .mpg files

Uninstalling all previous codecs and installing CCCP helped me out. I don't have any issue in playing .avi or .mpg files in windows media player anymore.

Re: Media Player 11 won't play .avi or .mpg files

This the most help i ve had so far on web, i deleted a movie maker that was a thrid party that came free with a video camera since then media player hasn't worked or media movie make, i have try everything i agree that the k-pack is shit and made thing worse, can some one please help me get my pc media player back to normal!!! i have tryed intalling cccp and still stuggling all help would be gratefull as have spend nearly a wk trying to sort this on my own without success

Thanks Matt