Thread: WMPError(C00D11CC) Netflix player

WMPError(C00D11CC) Netflix player

I’m having a Windows XP desktop with Windows Media Player 11. Whenever I try watching Netflix movies on WMP, I get the following error message:

“WMPError(C00D11CC)
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly. Reinstall the Player.”

Why is it saying that WMP is not installed properly? I can play movies from local HDD without any problem. In order to fix this problem I ran Windows update, re-installed windows media player but nothing worked. Later I called up Netflix guys and they said me to install Media Player SDK but that dint worked either.

Is there anyone who had experience of this problem? Can he help me out? Helps appreciated.

Re: WMPError(C00D11CC) Netflix player

Well I dint had this problem ever so I don’t have any personal experience with this but to help you I searched web and found people saying that it can be fixed by renaming the DRM folder. So just give it a try.

First of all open windows explorer and change the settings under folder option to “Show hidden files and folders” because this DRM folder use to be hidden. Once done go to documents and settings/all users. Here locate DRM folder and rename it to something like old_drm. Save the settings and restart Windows Media Player. See if it helps.

my solution

I know how frustrating this problem is, I tried contacting Netflix support, Microsoft support, and reading through all of the WMP 11 guides to no avail. I finally found a solution by accident and hopefully it will help you. I am using Windows Vista SP1 and this is the path that I followed: Start -> Computer -> Local Disk (whichever harddrive windows is installed on) -> Program Files -> Netflix (should be a folder in Program Files) -> Netflix Movie Viewer -> double click Install Checker (at this point install checker told me I had a bad install) then once Install checker was done I double clicked NF_Movie_Player_211 (in the same folder as Install Checker). Once I had followed those steps I was able to once again watch Netflix streaming video. I hope this helps

Rob

Got off the phone with Netflix tech support...and success!

After an hour wasted fooling around, I finally called Netflix tech support and spent another 26 minutes figuring out how to upgrade WMP. The final steps to success are described below.

Here they are:

1) Reboot/Restart Windows XP

2) "ResetDRM" in the folder "C:\Program Files\Netflix\Netflix Movie Viewer" through Windows Explorer and double click to start. "Yes" then "Reset DRM" then "Ok"; >>>>Better read the warnings first<<<<

3) Start Windows Media Player 11 and upgrade the DRM component through WMP by pasting this link "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49282" into the File->Open URL->; Click "Ok"; Wait and Click "Upgrade" and wait some more; "The Component was upgraded successfully" message should be displayed after it downloads and installs Click "Close";

4) Open Windows Internet Explorer and Go to this URL "http://www.netflix.com/drmtest". Hopefully the "New IBX" number is "3.6.x.x"

5) Test play a movie on Instant Watch.

Good Luck