Thread: Summer Sports Bonanza by Dish TV & ESPN STAR Sports

Summer Sports Bonanza by Dish TV & ESPN STAR Sports

'Summer Sports Bonanza' of Rs. 500 by Dishtv and ESPN STAR Sports

Riding on Wimbledon, Asia Cup & UEFA EURO 2008 in June

Dishtv and ESPN STAR Sports have announced a joint marketing programme titled, 'Summer Sports Bonanza' for the discerning sports lover subscribers of dishtv across the country.

Under this initiative, a cash benefit of Rs. 500 will be credited back to the subscribers’ account on purchase of a new connection before June 30, 2008. This discount is over and above the Free Set Top Box offer already introduced by dishtv on May 10 by paying one year’s Maxi subscription & installation charges of Rs. 3990 only. Buying dishtv today is by far a huge value for money proposition for any consumer versus its competitors’ offerings.

This actually means that cost of the three sports channels - ESPN, Star Sports & Star cricket, positioned at around Rs. 40 per month, is reimbursed back to the consumer in form of this credit of Rs 500. So in effect the consumer enjoys the channels for free, for a full year! He is free to use this credit of Rs 500 to pay his onward subscription with dishtv or buy VAS services like movie- on demand etc. on the platform.

This promotion enjoys special significance given the impressive line-up of sporting events calendar on the three channels in the coming months. The array of events include the ongoing UEFA Euro Cup and FI season in June, Asia cup cricket in Jun-Jul, Wimbledon tennis tournament starting in June and ICC Champions Trophy in Aug/ Sep. All these events are live and exclusive on ESPN, Star sports and can now be enjoyed seemingly free of cost by all dishtv subscribers.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Jawahar Goel, Managing Director, dishtv India, said, “It gives us extreme pleasure, to partner with ESPN in this summer sports bonanza. As India's largest direct-to-home service provider, dishtv has always led from the front and provided the best in entertainment to its subscribers. This initiative will enable all our subscribers to enjoy the best of sporting action at a great value for money proposition. We are hopeful of further enhancing our reach amongst sports lovers across the country, with this offer.”

According to RC Venkateish, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt. Ltd, said, “We have had an extremely strong relationship with Dishtv right from its inception and are happy to partner with them in this interesting sales promotion scheme which will help penetrate DTH further to the sports lovers across the country.”

Dishtv, the country’s No.1 DTH Company has always been providing consumer friendly offering and it has been evident with the soaring sales seen since the launch of free set top box offer which is bound to grow further with this new initiative. The Free Set Top Box offer has ensured exponential sale with the month on month sale grown to almost double.

Oh, i bought Dish TV recently. If only my dad would have stretched the plan to bye it, i could have grabbed this offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehfil View Post
    Oh, i bought Dish TV recently. If only my dad would have stretched the plan to bye it, i could have grabbed this offer.
    Same case with me. But i bought Tata Sky two months back. Even i could have enjoyed this offer. As i am a great sports-fan. Why dont you told this to me earlier Nitesh ()
    Girls r like phone. They love to be held, talked to but if u press the wrong key u'll be disconected