Thread: Hathway Cable Internet

Hathway Cable Internet

Has anyone used hathway? Are they reliable?

Well, I think one of our members - Richard uses it and he seems to be pretty satisfied with it. Hope he can put up his comments here

I use it...I pay 500/- for a dedicated 64kbps (8KBps) line via a NIC based connection.....
    Gives me unlimited d/l's ...The speed isn't great but the unlimited d/l thing more than makes up for it....
    The service isn't too good (not terrible either) and I get on an average 20-25 hrs of downtime ina month
    Customer service is very poor though
    Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
    Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
    Alone in fear they question why
    Goddamn not an angel when I die !!!

I have a Hathway 8to8 night + full day Sunday account which uses a Cable Modem it is 128kbps 3GB/month Rs750/month downloads at a steady 16KB/s - which gives me 40mb per hour downloads.

In over a year there has not been a day when the service was down

During the day I use the MTNL Rs700/month unlimited Dial-Up conx. With this account I get about 20mb per hour downloads.

I must mention this - my daughter works in a company who used a Hathway account for which they paid over 1 lakh a month and last month they gave it up because the emails on their account were not working properly and it seems Hathway could not fix it - they are now using a VSNL broadband account which seems to work fine in their LAN setup.

Hello guys
    i am using hathway my self
    i am using the ol24 connection
    earlier it was good it was 128k shared and i used to get pretty good speed ard 8-12
    but now as 2-3 ppl have left the connection and they have capped us without informing us
    and now the speed is even worst than a dialup i get maximum 3.5 download speed

hi guyz

i use a dedicated 128 kbps 8pm to 8am conn sunday full days. uptime & reliability are acceptable, customer service esp the tech guys in chennai r good.

probs:
    they give only 1gb d/l limit - richard says he gets 3 gb in mumb! chennai is always discriminated against! we hav CAS for cable TV whereas rest of india is enjoying!

Hathway download usage cacl sux big time. its always more than wot i hv really used

i get constant 12 - 13 kbps speeds.

I hear now they are giving unlimited time & d/l @ 128kbps dedicated connexions @ Rs 995 pm

Raven
    you have to invest Rs 3000 for modem and 1000 for installation
    they charge in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by racha
    Hathway download usage cacl sux big time. its always more than wot i hv really used

I hear now they are giving unlimited time & d/l @ 128kbps dedicated connexions @ Rs 995 pm

you have to invest Rs 3000 for modem and 1000 for installation
    they charge in advance!
    I agree on the usage disparity shown by Hathway - when I download a file of 100mb Hathway will show 125mb or a bit more !!!!!

I must check with Hathway if they have this unlimited 128kbps @995 service here !!!

By the way I get 3gb/month because when they started this service this was their limit at that time - they have now reduced it to 1gb even for Mumbai for new accounts. When they reduced the limit I threatened to cancel my account if they reduced my download to 1gb

I got my Modem from Hathway when it was priced at 9000 !!!

The biggest joke of them all is Hathways 512kbps 200mb for Rs250 per month account.

512kbps and 200mb per month ... even my browsing will be more than 200mb per month !!

Chennai customer service is good. They solve technical problems if any at customer premises quickly. If there is a server problem (which i understand is in Bombay) they are helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    I must check with Hathway if they have this unlimited 128kbps @995 service here !!!

no use
    as its not available in bombay
    man why most of the isps are not offering their net in bombay
    like even airtel

Oh!!
    Never go for Hathway.
    I had 512 kbps connection and I got a 'mindblowing' 10 kbps download speed!!

I think you need to talk to the customer care!

I think they will provide you the better advice regarding your download speed!

Satyrs Guest
    256 Kbps (shared) unlimted Downloads @ 550/month
    Plan: Hathway Infinet (OLD24 is renamed with revised rates from 800 to 500, the extra 50 rupees is service tax)

Sharing doesn't bother me as most of the people on my LAN just do chatting, so I get 25 KB/sec speeds most of the times

Thanks for the inputs

Anyone in chennai---can you tell me if Hathway's customer service is good?

I'm trying to decide between Hathway and Airtel broadband

It's more costomer service i'm looking for...do they attend to probs if the ca ble is damaged etc

people in chennai having hathway connection

hi,

6 months back i bought a 512Kbps blast extra plan having a download limit of 7GB and from 11pm to 9pm it is unlimited . And during may connection got over even before 6 days of the starting date present in the service usage as shown by their website, even the speed was not even coming up to 256 KPbs.

now i changed to normal 256 Kpbs plan costing Rs. 843/- for 3 months . when i phoned the renewal person she told me that my previous plan balance download limit would be added to current plan , but this did not happen and also their service is poor . i took the connection after satisfying myself that previous remaining download will be added to my current plan download, but this didn't happen. now what i see in the service usage details screen is only 1.29 Gb for the Rs. 843 plan alone. i called them up and asked them .they gave an int resting explanation

pl note this if you are a chennai customer and planning to renew the hathway connection.

The person told that since you are moving away from higher plan to a lower plan the addition of remaining download is not applicable

i would like to ask you if any of you faced the similar problem as i have faced , also is it right to misinform a customer about the addition of download limit from previous plan and after paying the money saying that it can't be done. i don't want this to happen to any chennai customers of hath-way.

pl respond with your views.

suresh