Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: MTNL & BSNL Broadband Tarrifs - Discuss

hey this is regarding BSNL broadband
    1. thing is that i hav concealed wiring in my home ,so do i hav to remove /fit new lines
    instead of old
    2 .and yes ,does that contract bind for 1 yr . i.e. can i discontinue in between

Quote Originally Posted by Phrack
    hey this is regarding BSNL broadband
    1. thing is that i hav concealed wiring in my home ,so do i hav to remove /fit new lines
    instead of old
    I too have concealed wiring and was hopin the BSNL folks dont ask me to rip it out of the walls if needed ! According to the way Varunjosh has put it , I would need a wire running from the splitter in the room where the comp is connected, all the way to the other room where the telephone is placed?

Also a big BIG query.. How long do these BSNL chaps take to finally come over and install the line in your place?!! Filled up the application quite sometime ago and they said they'd have the line setup in my place by 15 days. Well after a painful 15 days of wait, still no word from them!

If you have only registered on the website it probably wont be enough.You have to go in person otherwise you willl get it very late.I registered 2 months ago both on the website and i went to the bsnl exchange and registerd but no response.I then went and paid the cash upfront and only then they gave it and it took around 8 days.They say they have a long list of people waiting and it takes some time.Hurry cause otherwise you will not be able to take advantage of the unlimited download.By the way once the unlimited download is over the cnnection is almost going to be useless caus eits 1 gb upload/download.Funny thing is it only takes aroung 8-9 hours to use that up.I hope they bring out a better offer by then otherwise i might go in for something else.Thats the reason i took the modem on rent as well.You have to pay Rs.1712 ad rent of Rs.600 a month for 256kbps plan.

Yep, did that. Received no response from the online web application, so went ahead and filled up an application form and submitted it. I think even the website had an announcement asking those people who filled up the web based application to go fill up the forms hehe. Guess waving the cash in front of them ought to speed things up! Funny, they still behave like a government co
    Yeah, gotta hurry before March 31st else the connection is truly useless. I too have the same plan to use it till the trials are over and then wait for them to come out with unlimited data plans or else i will definately switch.

Hearing a lot of funny stories like how their stock of modems have run out, or about how someone was set-up with a connection and not given any username and password!

Hmm, i guess i was lucky. I just registered and waited for the phone call and paid maney and got the connection after 20 days after i had registered at their website.

@crazy,
    U have registered b4 31th march, so even after u get march 31th wont make much difference..., u will get ur unlimited thing.

And abt the modem dont worry yaar, karunanidhi hai naa...
    NEVER GIVE UP IN LIFE

Even a clock which is not working, also shows correct times for two times a day...

Well the BSNL linesmen came over when i was not at home, left the modem and other equipment and went off saying the Junior Engineer isnt available. So basically the equipment is just lying here, hasnt been set up as yet!

Tried my hand at installing the stuff myself. Its a Huawei SmartAX MT800 modem, got the modem hooked up to my LAN card and the status lights for the link to my LAN card as well as the ADSL link are both glowing showing that the links are up and running. Created a PPPoE type of connection, but when I try connecting the userid / pass they've given me doesnt seem to be working, just says Invalid userid/pass. Any tips? I'm assuming the user id has to be off the form xxxx@dataone ? Tried without @dataone as well, and in neither case does it seem to be working.

Interestingly though, trying to access webmail at www.dataone.in through my other net connection seems to work fine, as i can access my dataone email using the userid/pass they have provided me.
    Is there anything i'm overlooking?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23