Thread: getting 1 mbps speed on BSNL broadband 4mbps plan

getting 1 mbps speed on BSNL broadband 4mbps plan

I have just taken a BSNL broadband internet plan of 4mbps and I am receiving only 1 mbps speed. The pings also looks to be stable but there is only the internet download speed problem. I have connected router to my internet setup and I dont think there is any issues with the configuration. I even called their guy to solve this issue but still its been 2 days he didnt come at my place. Now what I am suppose to do to fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: getting 1 mbps speed on BSNL broadband 4mbps plan

Can you first of all tell us what is the make and model of the router that you are using? When you call them then you should ask them to set the port speed to 4mbps and see if that helps. It could be possible that the fault is at the exchange, so you should inform and complaint to them continuously until they get the broadband connection rectified. If they dont pick up the phone then you can try to visit the exchange with all your complaints.

I think that you can even book a complaint by calling on through the 1504 or so. But still they will act fast when you do a complaints by logging through their selfcare. Most of the time they take atleast 2 days to call up but the resolution is actually done in a matter of hours by their back-end team. You can just try to register on their Selfcare by going to this link - selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in. Hope this helps

I would also like to suggest you that you should try to reset the router settings. You just need to configure the router once more and then your problem might be solved. If you dont know how to setup the router configurations then you should first try to save all the settings in a text document and then try to reset the router settings. Or else you can try to call up their tech guy and ask him again to re-configure the BSNL broadband router setup for you.