Thread: getting only 0.80mbps speed in Reliance 2mbps internet plan

getting only 0.80mbps speed in Reliance 2mbps internet plan

I am using a Reliance Thunder 749 combo 2mbps internet plan and the maximum speed that I am getting is 0.80mbps while testing on speedtest website. I wanted to know if this internet speed is proper or I am not getting the full speed that I should. When I try to call the Reliance customer care then they dont really pick up the phone at all. There are chat features as well and I have complained on it but still have not got any response yet. Can anyone tell me what should I do? Thanks

Re: getting only 0.80mbps speed in Reliance 2mbps internet plan

For a 2mbps broadband connection you should get atleast 1.6mbps speed and 0.8 mbps looks half of the download speed? Are you sure that you are not on 1mbps broadband plan? If not then surely there is something wrong. You can try to downgrade to 1mbps plan and check if that changes anything. The worst part of Reliance broadband is that the upload speeds are also worst. If there is no response from them then simply disconnect the line and go for other broadband providers in your area.

You can try to fill up the Reliance Customer Care form by clicking on this link - https://konnectsocial.com/RelianceCustomerCare.aspx. It will take maximum of 3 days to reply. If still they dont reply then send a complaint email to these addresses - serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com, broadband@relianceada.com, anil.ambani@relianceada.com. It could take a couple of days for them to reply to your email account. If still they dont response then file a complaint with PGPortal.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I would suggest you to switch to another broadband service provider because Reliance is the worst broadband ever that I have experienced. I am now using BSNL in my area and it is performing good. If you compare Reliance in terms of quality of the connection like packet loss, latency, disconnections, service outages, speeds, etc, then BSNL is the best so far. If it is not available, then check which broadband is working well in your area.