Thread: configure nokia siemens SL2_141 wifi with reliance ADSL wire with rj45

smile configure nokia siemens SL2_141 wifi with reliance ADSL wire with rj45

I have nokia siemens SL2_141 adsl router+modem and now i have to configure it with reliance wired broadband having rj45 pin to directly enter in laptop LAN port an use internet by logging in to reliance page. Now i have to use the router for wifi to connect tab , mobile, laptop.

Re: configure nokia siemens SL2_141 wifi with reliance ADSL wire with rj45

First of all connect the modem to the computer. After that open internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 and press Enter. You will be taken to the router page, just put admin in both username and password. Now click on WAN and then Edit button. Here you need to set VPI = 0 and VCI = 35 and then click next. Now select PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) and choose Encapsulation Mode = LLC/SNAP- BRIDGING and then click next. Now set the PPP Username and Password given by Relaince, PPPoE Service Name and Authentication Mode to AUTO as well and click next.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Reliance did not provide me ppp username and password they only provided me the user id of 12 digit and password to be used for login on there page which is opened first time we connect net wire to lan port of laptop. To login and use internet. And there is no wan port in router only 4lan and 1 rj11 line port so do I have to insert net wire to LAN port?

Quote Originally Posted by shishir1989 View Post
    Reliance did not provide me ppp username and password they only provided me the user id of 12 digit and password to be used for login on there page which is opened first time we connect net wire to lan port of laptop. To login and use internet. And there is no wan port in router only 4lan and 1 rj11 line port so do I have to insert net wire to LAN port?
    Well, it will be better that you should call their Engineers since they would be knowing the configuration settings for the internet connection.