Thread: Getting dns error after every 10 minutes on mtnl

Getting dns error after every 10 minutes on mtnl

I am using MTNL broadband connection. It was working well, but suddenly it started giving me DNS error. The net gets disconnected all the time and I am not able to figure out why this thing is happening. When I ping on CMD I am getting this DNS error constantly. I want some help here to fix this problem. I called MTNL customer care and they says that everything is fine from there end. While after every 10 to 15 minute the connection drops and I am not able to do anything. I want some help to fix this problem. I had tired a lot to fix it but it is very annoying. I am having a Dlink modem/router. I am not using the default modem of MTNL.

Re: Getting dns error after every 10 minutes on mtnl

There is nothing you can do on the DNS part. Because the issue lies with the ISP. You can give them a written complain about this. And they will give you more details about the same. DNS error appear when the service from one end is down. You can ping and check. You will mostly get a destination host unreachable error. To confirm just go in the system try and right click on the computer icon. And choose Troubleshoot. And see what message you are getting at the end. If you are getting dns error then you cant do anything and if you are getting device communication error then it can be due to the router you are using.

Check the router settings once and then test back. I am quiet sure that will help you in fixing the problem. You just have to rest it to the factory settings and then you can try configuring your internet. If you are having the details then better contact MTNL and tell them to give you a appropriate output. Most of the time resetting is enough to resolve the issue. And it will also work well. I had faced this kind of issue before on my internet also. And it take some days to resolve if it is from the ISP end. You just have to call them and you have to say the problem you are facing.

Here are few things you can try out to resolve the problem. You have to simply start working on the network adapter settings. Which might fix the problem. Just go in control panel and there look for Networking and sharing center. Right click on the same and choose properties. In that you have to look for Internet Protocol Version 6. Select it and then again click on Properties. Now you have to enable IP and DNS on auto mode. If there is any IP address in that just note down it. Do not put that on automatic directly. It can cause issue later on. Then reboot and test.

You can try using open dns for the same. Sometime it happens that the default DNS which you are using is not proper. And if you change that and add one of your own then it might start working. For that you have to go in Network and sharing center back. Right click on that and choose properties. Then go in TCP/IP and then again click on Properties. You have to add 8.8.8.8 in the dns and test. There are ample of dns list you can get on the web. You can also try out 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2. Just add this numbers once and test out. I am quiet sure it might start working.

If nothing helps then you have to contact the ISP. You can also directly ping the dns and you can find out whether it is working or not. Like in cmd you can run a ping command as ping 8.8.8.8 -t and hit enter. It will give you whether the server is responding or not. If you are not getting any response then it means your gateway has a problem. And this can be resolved by the ISP only. You cannot do anything there to resolve the problem. Just try out testing the same and see whether it works well or not.