Thread: how to limit broadband speed of Airtel ADSL

how to limit broadband speed of Airtel ADSL

I am using an Airtel ADSL Broadband internet connection on my Windows 7 pc. I am looking for a program that can give me the ability to limit the broadband speed of my Airtel Adsl to any speed that I want to choose. Right now I am using a 8mbps plan with 20GB Fair Usage Policy. I am not a very computer savy so kindly give me step by step tutorial if there is any modification needed to be done in the configuration page of the modem that I am using.

Re: how to limit broadband speed of Airtel ADSL

Well, you can actually cross the Fair Usage Policy download and upload limit of 20GB and then your internet connection will automatically switch to the lowest 512kb download speeds eventually. Or else, you can also save a lot of money by switching to a low broadband speed of 512kbps that is not going to cost you above Rs. 600 or so. As for any software, I have not heard of any that can limit the internet speed.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

There is a tool called NetLimiter that can be used by you to decide where your programs should connect and how fast these connections will be. NetLimiter is the ideal alternative since this software detects and displays applications that use your bandwidth. It allows, as its name suggests, to limit the use of bandwidth for each application. So if you have a total bandwidth of 60 KB/s, for example you can allocate 30 KB/S for downloading files, 20 KB/s for Web browsing and 10 KB/s for the reading of emails.

Well, I am guessing that even if you restrict your bandwidth to 512kbps by using any software or if you are using full 8mbps download speed, still Airtel will count the whole download/upload data from day one. After you have used all the 20GB data quota, you will not get the whole 8mbps speed after that. If still you are looking to get a software then you can go for software such as NetBalancer, Traffic Shaper XP, Shunra Nimbus, etc.