Thread: TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2 router configuring with Airtel broadband

TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2 router configuring with Airtel broadband

Is there anyone with the Airtel Broadband internet connection who is using this TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2 router with them? Please help me by giving the configuration settings for this router. I have done all the wiring properly. I just want to know what all values I would need to configure this TP-LINK TD-8817 modem for Airtel? If anyone can give me the settings then it would be most appreciated. Thanks for any information in advance.

Re: TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2 router configuring with Airtel broadband

You will need all this settings for your WAN and not LAN connection. First of all you need to VCI/VPI: for ADSL Airtel VPI 1 VCi 32. After that you dont need to get the Gateway for WAN. For getting the DNS for WAN use the google one which is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. After that you will require the username and password from your Airtel ISP usually, your phone number. For any other settings you can try the PPPoE in WAN page.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I think that there are 2 ways to configure the router that you have. Can you tell us whether you can access internet on your computer which is connected to ADSL modem? If so, then the best way will be to put your Wifi router to bridge mode and connect it with the modem but you might not be able to use all the functions of the router. So, if you want the router's function then you should setup your adsl modem in bridge mode and configure the wifi router to dial your Airtel Broadband connection.

It is very easy to set up this router with the CD and very easy to configure. You just need to select other in Country drop down menu and other ithe ISP drop down option. After that put User ISP username and password and the below things:
    VPI:0
    VCI:35
    Connection Type: PPPoE
    Encaplusation: PPPoE LLC

And the settings will be done. You can also use different method if you dont have CD Rom drive, just enter 192.168.1.1 on the internet explorer url post connecting modem with LAN and set up the same things listed above.