Thread: MTNL broadband 8mbps plan disconnects randomly

MTNL broadband 8mbps plan disconnects randomly

I am using the MTNL broadband 8mbps internet plan with a dlink router. I have noticed that from last week or so the connection is dropping randomly at any time. The speed also seems to be very slow or if I am onto voice conference calls I am not able to hear any thing from the other side as well. Even after calling the MTNL support and having their guys to change the cable pair this problem is not getting solved at all. If this is not going to work then what else internet connection do I switch to? Thanks

Re: MTNL broadband 8mbps plan disconnects randomly

Did you try to complain on the PGPortal about your issue, just tell them about the poor line quality that you are getting which is causing random disconnections. I am thinking that you will need to get a fresh wiring from your place to the nearest MTNL box. The best possibility would be to get a CAT 6 cable wiring from the mtnl box to your home router and also tell them to change pair within it.

You are sure that you are not using any parallel phones at all. Can you also tell us what is the acceptable line attenuation? Have you checked if you are getting any packet loss? Just try to ping google and check the same. Mostly there must be zero drops and if there are any packet loss then it would explain why the problem is happening. Sometimes the line could be a problem and MTNL doesnt mess up server side config which might result in packet loss.

Have you tried to check the internet line that you are using for any disturbance? Can you tell us what is your maximum attainable rate? If still there is nothing working then you will have to change to a 2/4mbps broadband connection and test what you are getting. If you have tested both the modem and internal wiring to be working normally then your best bet would be downgrading to 4mbps and check. Incase you are not using any telephone then try to connect in the line directly to the modem bypassing the splitter.