Thread: Should I go for Reliance GSM or Idea?

Should I go for Reliance GSM or Idea?

Can anyone tell me whether Idea network for mobile phone coverage is good or bad in mumbai. I was using Airtel from last 2 years but since Airtel is down in our Harbour side area I am now looking to go for an mobile number portability. I have heard that Vodafone is best in Mumbai but at my place there is no coverage for Vodafone. So in the end I am left with only two options, that is, either to go with the Reliance GSM or Idea network. Can anyone tell me which will be the best among these two? Thanks

Re: Should I go for Reliance GSM or Idea?

You can go for Tata Docomo which has good 2G data plan and better International Call rates with special vouchers at cheap prices. One of my cousin has ported his 2 numbers already to Tata Docomo from Airtel. You will also get itemized bill on their website for free for prepaid connection. You can also activate all other servies from the internet. There is also more talktime on Tata Docomo and you can use your balance to start any scheme from the internet.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Since you are very limited, then it will be better to analyze your issue first. First of all you will have to check which is the best network that you are getting at your place or office and then opt for that only. The symptons you have said looks to be a problem due to highly refracted or reflected signal in your place. Those who are aware of it, they use mobile signal booster that picks up signals from the building to resolve this problem. But it is not worthit so better choose which network is the best one available for you.

Sim cards usually come at a cheap rate, so buy a new sim of Reliance or Idea and test them both and find out which one is good and then do the portability on it. If possible then check the network of your friends or relatives who might be living in your area and then decide for which one to go for rather then buying any new Sim cards and submitting documents again and again. At my place Vodafone works the best.

I can give you feedback for Reliance in Lucknow, their services are poor.

But I have many friends using Idea here and they are happy with its Internet speed.