Thread: Best Wifi Router with Modem for Reliance broadband connection

Best Wifi Router with Modem for Reliance broadband connection

I have recently got a new Reliance Wired Broadband Connection. I am now looking for the best Wifi Router with Modem that can be used with my internet connection. I actually want to buy it because I will be able to power both the modem and router with single cord. Is there anyone who can tell me from where I can get the best one possible? Also, it would be helpful if anyone can tell me the way how to configure it? Thank you.

Re: Best Wifi Router with Modem for Reliance broadband connection

I dont think that you will require any ADSL modem because Reliance broadband internet connection doesnt use ADSL. Although you have said that you have got a wired connection then I think that you are plugging this directly to the LAN port of the computer. Are you using any modem supplied by Reliance? If you are not using it then you will not require a modem at all, you just have to buy a router, thats it.

If you are looking to buy a router within price range of Rs.2000 then you can easily get a TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router. This router is the only one which works both with a phone line, that is RJ-11 or ethernet cable, that is RJ-45, compared to any other normal routers available in the market. There is also a usb port then comes with this router. So, you can also use it to connect your 3G dongle and share internet connection with it.

As you have already said that you are using the landline from Reliance then I am guessing that you are actually using an ADSL connection. There might be one cable coming are your place, if I am not mistaken, which is actually connected to the splitter. It will also have 2 outputs wherein one goes to the landline and the other goes to the modem. If you dont have an ADSL connection then you wont require any type of modem but a single router will just do fine.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter