Thread: What is the Call Barring Password for Airtel Mobile

What is the Call Barring Password for Airtel Mobile

I am using Airtel Sim and I cany seem to use the call barring feature. It used to work properly before but later on I forgot the password. I have tried some passwords but it got blocked. Now whenever I am trying to change the Call Barring password then I get an error message "Barring Password blocked". I tried calling the Airtel customer support but they are saying me to visit the mobile phone service center? Can anyone tell me how do I use this feature on my mobile? Thanks

Re: What is the Call Barring Password for Airtel Mobile

I think that the default code is either 0000 or else 1234. Just try these 2 paswords and see if that works. You can also try to dial *33*1234# for activating outgoing call barring or else dial #33*1234# for deactivating the outgoing call barring. For activating the incoming call barring you need to dial *35*1234# and for deactivating the same you have to dial #35*1234#. If this doesnt work then contact visit any Airtel gallery and they will solve this problem for you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

It seems that your Sim card pin might be blocked. So to unblock it you will either need to go to Airtel Gallery or else the mobile phone gallery for the mobile that you are using. They have some specific codes related to the mobile phone which is not given to any individuals I guess. I think this is done for security reasons. In any case, try to type **042*pin2 old*newpin2*newpin2* and see if your sim card pin gets unblocked or not. If not, then the best solution is to go to gallery.

Well, if you are using Airtel then it should be working with the default password of 1234. If this still dosent work then try to tweet the Airtel_Presence on twitter account. From somewhere I have also heard that the Call Barring feature is not supported by Airtel anymore. I dont know whether this is true or some fake news since I am using Vodafone so dont know much about it. But if that is the case then you can try to block certain callers by availing the call blocking service by dialing *323# but note that it will cost you Rs. 30/month.