Thread: BSNL Home Combo ULD 999 download speed very low

BSNL Home Combo ULD 999 download speed very low

I have just modified my plan to BSNL Home Combo ULD 999 with 8 MBPS download speed and am suppose to get 60GB FUP and after that the speed will decrease to 2mbps plan. When I tested the download speed on speedtest website then I was getting less than 4mbps download speed with only 0.20mbps upload speed. When downloading any file the maximum speed that I am getting is approximately upto 500kbps. Is there anyone who is having similar problem? Thanks

Re: BSNL Home Combo ULD 999 download speed very low

It might be possible that the ADSL profile that you have is set at 4096kbps, so it seems that you will only get a maximum of 4mbps speed and not above than that. Also, in that there might be typically 15% overhead bytes involved and because of that the effective download speed that you will get might be only between 3.8 or 4mbps connection. Check your Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) as well because if it is 10 while the attenuation is 36 then it means that the line quality is not good at all and cannot support 8mbps speed.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Yes, if the line quality is not good then you can try to clean of all the joints/cable/heads/splitter, etc; and check if this improves the line quality and see if you are getting above 12000kbps to run a 8mbps line. You can also try to call up the internet line-man at your place and ask him for checking up the BSNL pole to the dp box. Other than that you can call up the broadband incharge at your place and ask them also to increase the port speed of your connection to 8mbps connection which is currently set at 4mbps only.

I think that BSNL sets the port speed at the time of activating connection from their support end servers, usually when your internet is activated for the first time. So, at the start it usually is set at 2mbps for lower speed plans, for example, 512kbps/1mbps and 4mbps for 2/4 mbps plans. Most of the exchange guys done have any idea what this port speed is. It will be better if you tell them to change the speed profile from their system or ask them to contact the backend server guys who know about it very well.