Thread: Tikona wifi ssid name

Tikona wifi ssid name

The Nano Station 2 loco is provided by Tikona but they do not give access to that device to anyone. Can anyone tell me what type of system they are using? Does anyone know about the configuration of the security or the SSID name to which our device is connected? I have checked that the SSID name shown in you computer will not allow us to access internet? Thanks for any information.

Re: Tikona wifi ssid name

"tikonawifi" is the SSID but you will need an active Tikona userid and password to setup the 802.1x authentication. After that select EAP method as PEAP/MSCHAPv2. WPA2-AES is the encryption used and you can easily configure this SSID on your Wifi enabled laptop or smartphone to connect to Tikona internet. Also, you dont have to purchase a Ubiquiti Nano. You can simply subscribe to Tikona broadband plans and it will come with the pre-configured CPE with no extra charge.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

So, do you mean to say that I need to use Tikona instrument, which is the Nano station or Ruckus, to access internet or else I can still use my own device even though if I purchase the same device from the manufacturer? I also think that EAP solution as PEAP/MSCHAPv2 is not offered in the Nano station Air OS, so will there be any support if I try to manage nano station compatible with the EAP method? I just need to have an access of CPE inside my control so that I can keep the connection stable. Thanks

I dont think you can access Tikona Nanostation IP since it has been modified from default and locked by them. But still Tikona wifi can be accessed by any Wifi device and its hidden SSiD is 'tikonawifi'. Use the below configuration to configure your wifi devices:
    • SSID/Network Name: tikonawifi
    • Security Type : 802.1x EAP or WPA2 Enterprise
    • EAP method /Subtype : PEAP (not required for Apple)
    • Phase 2 auth. Or Inner Link Security : MSCHAPV2
    • User ID : Tikona User id
    • Password : tikona password