Thread: How to get full 50mbps Download Speed of Hathway Docsis 3.0 Broadband for torrents

How to get full 50mbps Download Speed of Hathway Docsis 3.0 Broadband for torrents

I am trying to find a way on how to get full 50mbps download speed of Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband connection for torrents. By 50mbps I mean = 51200 kbps divided by 8 which is equal to 6400 kbps or else 6.4mbps download speed that I should get. But the highest I am getting is only 1.8mbps or 2.0mbps max download speed for any torrent that has good seeders as well. Does anyone know some tweaks that we can apply in this Docsis 3.0 broadband internet connection to get the maximum speed in torrents? Thanks

Re: How to get full 50mbps Download Speed of Hathway Docsis 3.0 Broadband for torrents

I have read from some place that if the torrent has 800 seeders with low leechers then you will get the full download speed on the hathway docsis 3.0 broadband plan. I am not sure whether it is true or not but you can give it a try atleast. You can also different software such as Internet Download Manager which will download all the things at high speed, but it requires open connections from all ports of a website I think and then only you will be downloading at highest speed.

Re: How to get full 50mbps Download Speed of Hathway Docsis 3.0 Broadband for torrents

I also have this plan in my other place in mumbai. I have noticed that if I am torrent that I am downloading is on their btcache server then in peer list only btcache servers will be shown. And because of this the torrent gets blocked from connecting to other peer and hence I am not getting more than 1mb download speed. Also on different websites I am getting as low as 100kbps speed but on other websites like speedtest.net I can see that I am getting the whole 50mbps speed? Isnt this weird?

I dont know about you but I am getting more than 5mbps speed while downloading from torrents. But to get this speed you will have to get a torrent that has more than 800 seeders. As a test, can you try to grab a torrent that has more than 800 seeders. Install utorrent in your pc and open it. Then go to Options > Preferences > Bandwidth > Set the Global max connections at 1000 and max number of peers per torrent to 900. You have to also check that encryption is enabled. Now test the download speed that you are getting and report back.