Thread: Getting rid of Hathway Login Page

Getting rid of Hathway Login Page

I have recently taken the Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband plan and its quite amazing. When I ran any torrent I was getting a maximum of 4-5mbps speed only. I wonder if they have capped the speed for torrenting or so. Anyways, you all know that Hathway requires us to login everytime when we want to surf the internet. It is really a pain to login in every 3-4 hours otherwise the internet connection will drop. Does anyone know about a way how to get rid of this login page of hathway? Thanks

Re: Getting rid of Hathway Login Page

I have also talked to the Hathway Technical Support to remove this feature. But I only got a standard reply from them always, the hathway login page is permanent and cannot be removed. I have sent more than 20 emails to them about this problem without any replies. When I call them by my phone then it takes ages to get to talk to the tech department with their automated IVR. There is not even a toll-free number for hathway broadband but they do have for hathway cable.

You can try to use an application called AnyHotkey. With this software you will be able to make a script and set it to run automatically in the task scheduler. If you dont understand anything then you can view the help menu of this software which is also helpful. To create the script you just have to open the website and click on the login button. You can easily enter the username and password through the script but I dont know how to do that. Below is the sample script that I am using:

Code:
    Run http://login.hathway.com
    Sleep 20000 - "makes it wait 20 seconds"
    Click 833, 598 - "position on the screen to click i have a 22" widescreen monitor you locations would be different"

I will also suggest you to create a VB custom login script or .net which will automatically fill in your username and password. After that you just have to run this on Timer on your router. Just remember that if you want to run custom scripts on a router then you might have to find a compatible DD-WRT router which will be able to work. However they can change this after some period of time. Also, some users have reported that if you login in the morning then the network stays on whole day and you dont have to login again.