Thread: 3G connectivity of Tata Docomo blocked while tethering

3G connectivity of Tata Docomo blocked while tethering

Recently I purchased a new mobile phone and for that took a Tata Docomo connection. When I am trying to use my smartphones data connection as wifi-spot then it is not working. Most of the other smartphones are able to connect to my phone after turning on internet sharing but the connection on my phone wont work at all. So, I wanted to know if Tata Docomo is blocking tethering of its 3G connections or so? Please help me out. Thanks

Re: 3G connectivity of Tata Docomo blocked while tethering

Some other user was also facing this problem on his handset and he got a reply back from the Tata Docomo representative that the internet tethering of 3G connections will not work with a recharge of Rs. 250 data pack or so. If you need any help in settings then you can email to listen@tatadocomo.com and they will respond to you afterwards. Most of the other network do allow tethering but why Tata Docomo is doing this I cannot say for sure. You should definitely try to reach them and see what they can offer.

If you have an android mobile phone then I will suggest you to go to Google Play Store and download some apps that will let you to bypass the normal android tethering. You can check out ISWAT Tether Unlocker that comes for free. This app can bypass the apn restrictions for mobile tethering imposed from android 4.1.2 to latest. Open the app, unlock tethering and give your mobile connection to your devices. The app must be opened every reboot. Check this app on this link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tetherunlocker

If you are looking to bypass you just need to get your mobile phone's mac address and clone it on your Windows or Mac system and once it is done then no one can block you from using your things. You can also quarrel with the Tata Docomo service provider about allowing whatever you want because it is your legal rights to pair and use internet on your device since you pay good amount of money for the same. You can even try to go to Consumer Court if they are not handling your querie properly.