Thread: Tata DOCOMO 100Mbps High Speed broadband plans

Tata DOCOMO 100Mbps High Speed broadband plans

I recently heard about the Wired High Speed Internet Broadband Plans of Tata Docomo that is giving connections upto 100mbps. The monthly rental of this plan is Rs. 7000 and upload speed is of 10mbps speed. This broadband plan seems to be good and much better than any other providers such as Hathway or Airtel. So, I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this plans, what is the feasibility or downtime for this internet connection? Any ideas

Re: Tata DOCOMO 100Mbps High Speed broadband plans

I have registered for this plan starting this week and yesterday the sales manager came at my place. He told me that we dont have to pay any advance payment and after only getting the first month's bill we have to pay for this plan. The sales person also gave me the application that I had to fill in with my proper address. After leaving he told me that it will take 10 days to connect all the fibre wire which will connect in my router, so now I am waiting for the same.

I have used this Tata DOCOMO 100Mbps High Speed broadband plans before and the speeds are somewhat slow, getting 50mbps download and 2mbps upload speed. This speed is generally based on the PPPoE credentials and it seems that on an ADSL line the upload speed is capped to 512kbps only. The best part is that you can also connect to different accounts from the same fibre if you want to. The latency is not good compared to an ADSL with 36ms rate.

I have also completed all the paper work and documents submission day before yesterday for this broadband plan and they have told me to wait for 10 days for the installation. Also, it seems that they are waiving the installation charges of Rs. 2500 which is quite money saving. Once the connection is done then after first month I will have to make the payment for the usage which actually sounds good. Other providers such as hathway or airtel take advance payment for the first month of broadband usage.