Thread: configure dlink router for Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband

configure dlink router for Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband

I have recently got the new Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband at my place. I am happy with this connection and even getting good download speed of 40mbps. Now I am trying to configure my new Dlink router that I have bought for this plan. I have tried connecting my computer and modem directly to the Dlink router ports but it is not working for me. I have also tried many other suggestions given on different websites but still nothing is working for me. So, if anyone knows how to connect this dlink router then please give me some information on it. Thanks

Re: configure dlink router for Hathway Docsis 3.0 broadband

Well, I think that you will need to contact the technical department of Hathway because if you want to configure a router to use their broadband services then they have to make some changes to the backend and then only your wifi router that is connected to this broadband plan will work with the existing equipment that is with you. I am guessing this issue arises because there is an authentication screen for the non docsis users. So call them immediately and they will set up the router for you easily.

What you can do is open any internet browser on your computer or any device if it is connected via wifi and then whichever website you will go then it will keep redirecting you to the Hathway Authentication Page. Once you have filled in your login ID and Password then see if it works afterwards. If this isnt working for you and you are stucked at the authentication page then call their engineer and they will do some things in their backend and immediately your router will start working normally.

I was also having the same issue that you are facing so I recently installed a new firmware for the wifi router. After that I was able to log into my router without any issues. I then did some manual settings for the internet and pressed "Clone your computer's MAC address" and just then it started working properly. So, I would suggest you to first do all this settings and then see if it works for you or not. Or else, as suggested by many others here, ring their engineers to configure your router.