Thread: Beetel 450TC1 ADSL Router not saving changes made to configuration

Beetel 450TC1 ADSL Router not saving changes made to configuration

My Beetel 450TC1 ADSL Router going back to the previously saved settings after restart. I tried changing the password as well and it all seems to accept it till I restart it and then it would not accept my new password but accept the old one only. I tried making multiple changes in the configuration and saved it. The configuration looks as if it is saved when I visit the same router page back again after viewing few other pages but once I restart the router the configurations are back to the previous state.
    I tried a hardware reset and a firmware upgrade as well but it does not work. Anyone has any idea?

Re: Beetel 450TC1 ADSL Router not saving changes made to configuration

What Internet browser you are doing this? Try to clear all the caches, temporary files and also any other files by going into the browser settings and then try to create a new password and see if that works. If the browser that you are launching is again and again taking you to the same page with old password then it definitely seems like a browser cache issue.

Well I have tried using multiple computers to access the router console so I am sure that the cache in my system is not an issue. The settings get saved properly but the moment I restart the router the router gets back to its previous settings.

If the modem router does not save changes you have made, check the following:
    1. When entering configuration settings, be sure to click the Apply button before moving to another screen, or your changes are lost.
    2. Click the Refresh or Reload button in the Web browser. The changes may have occurred, but the Web browser may be caching the old configuration.

I am following the practice of saving the setting on the page after every change. I made a setting change moved to another screen and came back to the old screen back again and the changes had been applied.
    I restarted the router and the settings are back to square one. The router console password change also works only till the router is restarted.

The seems to be something in the router which is restoring back the settings repeatedly.

The problem that you are getting might be happening because of a communication issue between your computer and router and also mostly caused by your PCs firewall software. Therefore you will need to restart your whole system and then boot your computer and temporarily turn off the firewall and also the Windows Firewall and then try again.