Thread: How to setup wifi for Hathway Docsis 3.0 50mbps plan

How to setup wifi for Hathway Docsis 3.0 50mbps plan

There are many people who are having some issuw while setting up Wifi with this Hathway Docsis 3.0 plan which gives 50mbps download speed. I am using a Dlink router and am also facing similar problems while setting it up. Calling their customer care is of no use. Can anyone tell me whether we have to configure router with Static IP or Dynamic IP and what about the Mac address? Please help me to setup wifi from the dlink router. Thanks

Re: How to setup wifi for Hathway Docsis 3.0 50mbps plan

I was also facing a similar issue when I was trying to configure the router that I am using. After fiddling around I found out that we simply have to use the option of Clone for the MAC address from the router settings. Basically the mapping of Mac address for connecting to the internet is used by Hathway only. You dont need to setup anything in your router once you have used this settings. Hope this helps you out.

Yes, you have to follow the above suggestion given to setup the wifi internet connection. Just clone your computers mac address and it will work properly. If there is any issue from their end then ask them to release your mac binding and all you need to do is just configure your router with DHCP and tell them to bind your router mac, thats it. Your wifi will be set up and you will be able to connect any other device such as smartphone at your place.

You have to ensure that your Hathway router connects with wiree to the PC. After that bring the Dlink wireless router in between from cable to Hathway to Dlink to computer. After that type 192.168.1.1 in the browser and get into the Dlink setup mode. Now set the SSID and a strong password so that anyone else cannot connect to your Wifi network. Now go to Mac address page and click on Clone to colne the mac address and then restart the router, you will be done.