Thread: internet data usage shown by Airtel is fake

internet data usage shown by Airtel is fake

I am using Airtel from 4-5 months now and it is running fine. I am in the Airtel Plan of 2mbps with 30gb limit plan. But from last 2 months I am noticing that the data plan gets over quickly than I expected. Last month when I checked in the app, it was showing only 20gb used data but my data plan was over with this usage, so I was wondering if Airtel shows fake internet data usage to their customers? Any ideas

Re: internet data usage shown by Airtel is fake

I have found out that the Smartbytes data counter is the best app that shows almost accurate data usage of the internet with little bit of difference. I have not seen a difference of more than 500mb till now in this app. Anyhow, could you please tell us what application you are using to view the internet data usage on your computer, it could be having some issues.

Even I was facing a similar issue where I lost 2gb of data without even using it. I called customer care only to hear that they have the most standalone system which could never go wrong. Last week I just downloaded a file of 10mb and saved it on my desktop and after that went to play cricket. When I came back I just saw that I lost over 1gb of data. Now I am looking to change this ISP once and for all.

I would suggest you to change your homepage to SmartBytes web page which will show the accurate internet data usage that you have used. Also, once you have used the internet and dont want to use further then immediately turn off the modem because it being running might be downloading some bits/bytes every now and then on your computer or else you are free to change the ISP if you want.