Thread: hathway broadband ports are blocked

hathway broadband ports are blocked

I am using the 1mbps Hathway broadband plan at my place and there is no problem downloading or uploading from the internet. However if I am trying to host a server to play a game with my friend who is using Mtnl internet connection, then I get some message that states that the ports are blocked. When I called hathway support then they told me to buy a lease line in order to get open ports but they were charging too much for that? So, does anyone know how to open ports from hathway broadband? Thanks

Re: hathway broadband ports are blocked

Actually, you are using a cable broadband network and not the DSL network. So you wont be able to open any ports in the cable broadband network and it is very hard to do that. So, therefore you wll need a lease line internet connection if you want to host game servers and play with your friends. Or you can even get a DSL network that will help you out.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

By the way, can you tell us what kind of game server you want to run on yout computer? You should know that you will need to have a good server specs in order to host games on your machine. Also, for hosting games you will require a huge amount of bandwidth that is going to be used every month or so. However there are very cheap game server available in the market that you can use.

There is no way you can open port if the ISP that you are using has closed it for security reasons. But there are many things that you can do like you can do port forwarding and for doing this there are many guides available on this forum. Just check the below links that will help you out:

How to do Port forwarding in BSNL Teracom Modem
    How to Open or Forward Ports in Utorrent