Thread: Is Reliance THUNDER broadband plans worth it?

Is Reliance THUNDER broadband plans worth it?

I have never used Reliance Broadband in my life but with its new THUNDER broadband plans, it looks to be very cheap if compared to hathway or airtel. I know that these Reliance THUNDER broadband plans are wired and postpaid plans with unlimited usage but what I want to know is that are these plans really worth it? Is there anyone who has been using these plans can tell me what download speed and up and down time of internet they are facing? Thanks

Re: Is Reliance THUNDER broadband plans worth it?

Well, I am using the Thunder 699 plan and it really is worth it. You get a 2mbps connection and download speed varies at 200kbps to 230kbps at full speed. But if you want to connect more than 1 device with this plan then you will have to buy a router. Just configure t properly so that the DHCP does not gets released automatically. You can ask the Reliance engineer itself to configure it, but he will charge you 100-200 rupees extra for it.

Yeah, even agree that the Reliance THUNDER broadband plans worare irresistible. At Rs. 549 we can get a 1mbps connection and at Rs. 699 we get a 2mbps connection with unlimited circuit breaker trigger (probably it means that FUP or fair usage policy). I am paying Rs. 749 for hathway broadband for 1mbps connection and that too with a FUP of 13gb per month only. If I use all the 13gb in 1 month, then my connection lowers to 256 mbps which reminds me as of I am in the 90's. I will definitely try and switch to Reliance next month once this months hathway broadband is over.

Well, I am using the Thunder 699 plan last month and till now I havent faced any downtime and getting the proper download speed that was said. In most of the other states in India this plan is not yet launched but in mumbai you can get it easily. I cannot tell about any other place if Reliance is giving the proper internet speed or not but here I am totally satisfied with it. Also the customer service is also very helpful.