Thread: Mtnl broadband High ping upto 170ms

Mtnl broadband High ping upto 170ms

Well, I am using a Mtnl broadband services at my home. And from last 2-3 days I am experiencing high pings upto 170ms when I am doing a test on websites like speedtest. I even checked to ping google.com in command prompt and got the same results? Previously I didnt use to get this much of high pings with mtnl, but suddenly it has started. Can anyone tell me what is the reason behind this issue? Thanks.

Re: Mtnl broadband High ping upto 170ms

Even I am using MTNL and getting the same high ping raters when doing a speedtest. I have been having this problem from last week and I even asked MTNL about this issue, but they couldnt help me either? It seems that the latency is high for many MTNL broadband users because there might be some issue from the MTNL side only that they need to rectify.

The high pings that you are getting means that data will take too much time to get to your pc from different server. It will hardly effect the browsing speed of the internet but you might have problems while gaming on a server and you will get lags every now and then because of high latency. Eventually, when your ping is very high, then the admin of the server will kick you out of the gaming server quickly as well.

The problem might be happening due to the rainy season. Due to bad infrastructure and high rainfalls, the network where this broadband is setup gets destroyed or either because of too much water logging the network where it is setup disrupts. So, in the end the only option left for you is to call mtnl support team and compaint them about the network issue.