Thread: setup Binatone DT845W for reliance broadband

setup Binatone DT845W for reliance broadband

To start of, I am using a Reliance broadband connection. I am trying to setup Binatone DT845W with this connection so that I will be able to connect to the internet, but every other setting is failing for me. I simply want to use Wifi connection by using this Binatone router but I cannot even connect to internet via its wired connection. Can anyone tell me how do I setup the router so that I can use it with Reliance? Thanks

Re: setup Binatone DT845W for reliance broadband

Check to make sure whether the Reliance broadband connection that you have is landline based and you are using an ADSL modem given by Reliance to you. After that in the Binatone setting there are 8 default VCO's 0 to 7 each with different VPI/VCI for instance VCO2 can be 0 and 35, which is common for BSNL and Reliance. After that confirm VPI/VCI for Reliance broadband connection. Now with the factory defaults, you can attempt a dialer and then try to login with id and password in the system. Check if you are connected to internet then try to use wifi settings.

The modem that you are using is supplied by Airtel and it comes with a locked firmware. So, you will need to install the original firmware that you can get from this link - ftp://122.166.105.80/Firmwares/Binatone/Firmwares/. After you have updated the firmware of your router then you will be able to get into the Wifi Screen and thus can enable all the wifi features that you want.

Even I am getting a problem with my Binatone DT 850W Wi-Fi Modem. It is a new wifi modem that I got some weeks ago. I am able to see the wifi connection in my iphone but my laptop cannot detect it for the first time. Afterwards when I connect the laptop with the lan and then login to the modem page and click save button then the page will refresh and laptop will detect and connect to the wifi? Why is this problem happening, does anyone know?