Thread: Videocon d2h 5.1 audio no longer supported in HD channels

Videocon d2h 5.1 audio no longer supported in HD channels

I was actually using this Videocon d2h services because of their 5.1 audio support in HD channels. I used to get the 5.1 audio in most of the HD channels offered by the service on my TV. But now from quite sometime I am no loger getting this 5.1 audio on this channels at all. Even after complaining their customer support, there is no proper response. So, will there be 5.1 audio support for the hd channels implemented in the future or I should just change the services? Thank you.

Re: Videocon d2h 5.1 audio no longer supported in HD channels

Even I did a complain to the customer care of Videocon d2h for the lack of 5.1 audio support for HD channels and in return I got a reply from them telling me that, they may or may not provide 5.1 audio support after some period of time. When asked or a date, they were dumb and didnt commit any dates for it. I think that if they cannot commit for the services they offer in the package that they say, then we should have the right to get the full compensation for this ridiculous service.

Even I am facing similar issues and whenever I call their customer support then they tell me there is some problem with my end and not their end? The problem is that I have already paid them for 1 year subscription in advance and now if I will change the services then I wont get the refund or my money back. Should I just launch a complaint at the Consumer Court?

I also took this Videocon D2H HD services last week hoping that it will work along with my home theater system pretty well. But after reading this information I found out that 5.1 is not supported in Videocon D2H. After contacting their support people they told me that a new firmware upgrade will be released soon that will be able to enable the 5.1 audio support. Its been a month now and still I am waiting for the upgrade to happen.