Thread: How to get Airtel 3G data balance information

How to get Airtel 3G data balance information

I am new to Airtel and not able to connect with their customer care representatives hence came here a for a small help. I recently subscribed to their Rs.1500 3G plan that offers 10Gb data for 30 days. What i want to know from you all is how do we check the left over 3G data balance? My mobile remains connected always on 3G but it is just a week i started this plan and i dont think it should get over so early because when i connect the same on my PC data connection is not working anymore?

Please let me know soon how to check the 3G data balance? Also it will be good if there is anyway we can check it on out computer screen.

Re: How to get Airtel 3G data balance information

I dont think you need to contact customer care for balance inquiry. You can get it simply by dialing *123*11# on your mobile phone and it will display all details about your 3G connection including remaining data balance with its expiry date. And yeah, there is no way to check the balance of your mobile 3G connection on computer AFAIK. Might be you can create/login to your account on Airtel and see if they provide any such option.

Quote Originally Posted by peahen View Post
    My mobile remains connected always on 3G but it is just a week i started this plan and i dont think it should get over so early because when i connect the same on my PC data connection is not working anymore?
    This is not because of Data Balance because if you don’t have any 3G data left than it will also not work on your smartphone. It is as simple, right?

Probably there is a problem with your PC Settings. How do you connect your phone with PC for using 3g? Via PC Suite? If yes, then you will need to get manual settings for the same as many times PC Suite get messed up with the settings.

In case you have Android Phone and a laptop than better create hotspots on your mobile and browse the internet through WiFi on your laptop. That is the simplest way.

Help appreciated Ashlee but I neither have an Android nor laptop. It is a Nokia E72 smartphone and I use a desktop computer. Hence there is no such option to create hotspot in my mobile, neither my desktop has wireless card.

Secondly, as you said to get the manual settings, I already mentioned that I am not able to connect with their CC. hence I came here for the help.

Any other alternative please?

Quote Originally Posted by Peahen View Post
    It is a Nokia E72 smartphone and I use a desktop computer. Hence there is no such option to create hotspot in my mobile, neither my desktop has wireless card.
    Not a problem dude. You can still create WiFi hotspot on your E72 as well. Wondering how? Check this small utility http://store.ovi.com/content/7499. Once installed, you can make any of your Nokia phones a WiFi hotspot. But still the problem is how can you connect it to your computer

Do one thing. On Windows Vista and 7, go to your computer’s Network and Sharing Center. Click on Change Adapter Settings on left side. If you are using XP then go to Lan Window from network properties. Here you will find a default LAN along with your Airtel Modem. Probably it should be written as E72 USB Modem or so. Simply delete the same. Now connect the mobile via PC Suite, click on Connect to Internet, and select Airtel and other stuffs. Click Connect. It should work fine now.

Thank you very much for the help Dev-Datta. Deleting and creating the lan again fixed the problem. Now I am able to browse my Mobile’s 3G comfortably on my computer again. Help appreciated.