Thread: BSNL Broadband 750+ bandwidth increased

BSNL Broadband 750+ bandwidth increased

Is there any one using BSNL Broadband? If yes, how many of you have used BSNL's 750+ plan and did you guys faced any changes in connection?

I am asking this because i received message on my bill from BSNL saying that my connection's bandwidth has been upgraded without any extra charges. But i didn't faced any change in browsing or in download speed. However the only thing i noticed is bit increase in upload speed.

Can anyone provide me some info on this, i mean, is there really any changes done in 750+ plan? If yes, is there some problem with only my connection that changes are not reflecting?

Re: BSNL Broadband 750+ bandwidth increased

Naah, that is just useless. Even i received such notification saying they will provide 1mbps upto 6GB and later it will be back to 512kbps but still my speedtest shows that i am getting 512kbps though my usage is far lesser than 1GB itself. There is no change in surfing speed or download speed but yes, i noticed that upload speed has increased bit higher. I dont think we have to do anything with the upload speed. If they want to any fever, then they should in crease the download or surfing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    Naah, that is just useless. Even i received such notification saying they will provide 1mbps upto 6GB and later it will be back to 512kbps but still my speedtest shows that i am getting 512kbps though my usage is far lesser than 1GB itself.
    Dude, that is the older plan. As per their new revised plan, they are offering 2 Mbps upto 10GB and later it will be back to 512kbps. Check your bill and details properly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    If they want to any fever, then they should in crease the download or surfing speed.
    I am not a BSNL user but got some useful tip for you guys. As you said the upload speed is increased but still you are not able to get better download speed than you should do a bit hacking with your DNS server. It is legal and useful. Go to Google and search for some open DNS servers. Copy the nearest one of them and go to your Lan’s TCP/IP properties and change it to the new DNS server. It will increase your download speed.

If you have any doubt simply check this step by step process of doing the same in details: How to Change DNS Server

Wow, that’s interesting. I will surely give it a try and let you know. Thanks for sharing such useful info and helps guys.