Thread: MTNL Teracom 3G Jadoo Data Card not working on XP 64 bit

MTNL Teracom 3G Jadoo Data Card not working on XP 64 bit

I am stuck with a very critical problem. I have a desktop computer which was running with Windows XP 32bit. As my motherboard got dead i bought a new better Mobo and installed. Now as the mobo is better than earlier one it supports upto 4GB of RAM for better speed and performance. But Windows XP wont support more than 2GB. Hence i removed the 32bit XP and installed 64bit.

Now here the problem starts. Since i upgraded to XP 64bit, Teracom 3G Jadoo Data Card stopped working. I tried several troubleshooting but it just dint worked. I tested it to another system which is running 32bit Windows, surprisingly it works fine. So the conclusion is this Data Card wont work with 64bit Windows.

I tried getting some help from MTNL Customer care guys, but they are not ready to accept that their data card has any problem. However they asked me to visit their branch. Now as i have a desktop, i cannot carry it along with me. And if i just take the Data Card they will prove me its working by connecting it to their own computers but who will make them realize that all government system use to have 32bit Windows.

According me to i have no choice reverting back to 32bit XP with just 2GB of RAM. If you guys have any solution for this, please let me know.

Re: MTNL Teracom 3G Jadoo Data Card not working on XP 64 bit

Hey even i need a similar kind of help. I have the save Teracom 3G USB, bought it just yesterday. When i connect the same with my laptop, i can see a pop in the system tray saying installing drivers but after few seconds, it disappears and get an error saying something like "No Device".

I am using Windows 7 32bit operating system. Isn't it compatible with Windows 7 as well though it is 32bit? Is there any solution for the same or should i request for the refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirkani View Post
    I tried getting some help from MTNL Customer care guys, but they are not ready to accept that their data card has any problem. However they asked me to visit their branch. Now as i have a desktop, i cannot carry it along with me. And if i just take the Data Card they will prove me its working by connecting it to their own computers but who will make them realize that all government system use to have 32bit Windows.
    Lol, thats funny but true. Well your problem is because of missing 64bit drivers. Your blame to Data Card is acceptable but you should know that there are many such devices and hardware that create problems in 64bit operating systems because of incompatible drivers. I have used Windows 7 64bit system for 6 months and faced several such problems. Finally i had to switch back to 32bit. If you are not a heavy or hardcore user than i think 2GB of RAM is quite enough to carry out several important day to day tasks. I will suggest you to get back to 32bit OS or go for a wired broadband connection.

Yes, even I feel it is a driver problem. Hirkani, can you see your device in Device Manager? Just check. First install the device on your system, once done, open device manager and see if it is listed. If yes, right click the same, click properties and click Update Driver. Let it search on your computer. Better try to pointing to the Data Card drive letter or to its installation folder. I hope it should find the proper driver. See if it helps, let me know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by vararo View Post
    When i connect the same with my laptop, i can see a pop in the system tray saying installing drivers but after few seconds, it disappears and get an error saying something like "No Device".
    Had you installed this or any other data card earlier on this system? If yes, then you should always remove the eaerlier installed software before installing the new one because they conflict with each other and create such problems. So what you need to do now is first of all unplug the data card from your system. Then remove previously installed data card driver. To take the effect better restart the computer and then install the software and drivers again for your existing data card.

Hopefully it should work fine now.