Thread: 3G settings of Tata Docomo for Xperia Smartphone

3G settings of Tata Docomo for Xperia Smartphone

Need some urgent help from you all. I am using Sony Xperia J from past 6 months with Tata Docomo network. For data i was using their 3G plan which was working fine untill the last recharge which i done about a week ago. It was Rs 250 plan. Since then i am just not able to use 3G on this phone. yeah, Surprising I tried restoring the phone, even upgraded its firmware but still it was not able to get connected to 3G.

Finally i took the phone to Docomo service center and explained the issue. They said the problem is not from their end but it is related to my phone itself. Now as i have already tried everything i have no idea what else to do with the smartphone. The settings Docomo provided is stored but still no 3G access.

Do anyone of you guys have any idea? Please help.

Re: 3G settings of Tata Docomo for Xperia Smartphone

First of all we dont require to put 3G settings in the phone manually. The device use to get it automatically if it is 3G compatible. But as you said even docomo guys are not able to fix it, the problem seems to be critical. before we do any hardcore troubleshooting i would suggest you to better try out putting some another 3G enabled SIM card and see if the device is able to run 3G network. By doing so atleast we will figure out whether the problem is in your Xperia device or with Docomo, right? Do it and let us know.

Yeah, i tried inserting my SIM card on another phone (Galaxy Grand Duos) and 3G was working fine. So its sure that the problem is somewhere with my phone itself

Please tell me what can i do to fix the problem? Thanks again.

Are you using the Stock Android Firmware or any Custom ROM? If it is any custom rom than such problems are acceptable. And if its stock Android then you should try restoring it once again. Create a new access point by putting the exact details as you can see in that Galaxy Grand’s APN. This is because possibly your Xperia is not able to get the proper settings from Docomo. Even I have a Xperia with Airtel and my 3G works fine. So problem is neither with Xperia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pandhre View Post
    I tried restoring the phone, even upgraded its firmware but still it was not able to get connected to 3G.

Finally i took the phone to Docomo service center and explained the issue. They said the problem is not from their end but it is related to my phone itself.
    Take the phone to Sony service center and let them fix it for you for some bucks.