Thread: Reliance 3G download speed for mobile phone is very slow

Reliance 3G download speed for mobile phone is very slow

I just purchased a new Reliance 3G sim card from their store and inserted it in my tablet that supports 2G/3G networks, since it has the option of GSM/WCDMA both. After getting the APN settings automatically I saved it in my tablet. Now even after getting good Signal Strength and "H+" notification on the tablet, the speed that I am getting is not more than 60 kbps for downloading any application from google store. I even tested the speed on speedtest.net but still I am getting the same amount of speed. I asked their customer support and they are always saying that there is some issue with my tablet? I dont think there is any problem with the tablet since all other 3g enabled Sims from Vodafone and Airtel that I have tested from my friends are giving proper 300-400kbps speed. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Reliance 3G download speed for mobile phone is very slow

I have not tested Reliance 3G but I have heard that with it you are supposed to get atleast 25 MBPS download speed or more and it is one of the fastest operator than any other network provider in India. Airtel or Vodafone gives not more than 21MBPS speed I guess. So, there is something wrong with your tablet itself. Why dont you completely wipe it and then get a new APN setting and then test the download speed.

It might be also possible that there could be some network issue in the area where you live. Also I dont think that you might be getting more than 25MBPS download speed. Instead on a 3G network you will get only 7.2MBPS speed connection and it is also very costly if compared to any broadband plans. In any case, reliance should offer a student plan with some low costing, which will be very helpful.

Actually, all mobile network providers say that they give a max of 21mbps speed if 3g is enabled in our phone. But even after having the good signal strength in our mobile phone we get approx 3-4mbps download speed only. Even if they say there might be not proper network coverage area or some other tablet/mobile phone issue, you should actually know that the speed that they provide is infact not up to the mark and fluctuates from time to time.