Thread: Aircel Mobile Internet extremely slow compared to Vodafone

Aircel Mobile Internet extremely slow compared to Vodafone

I got a new Aircel connection for my Blackberry device. Now this is working extremely slow. I cannot even open facebook here. I am using Facebook, WeeChat and WhatsApp on my phone. I also use Viber often to make voice calls. Before I use it on wifi. It is at my home. Now I had joined a new job and thought to use mobile data plan. As per the plan details which I had searched I found that the mobile will get a reasonable speed while surfing. But it is so slow. Only I can use whatsapp properly here.

re: Aircel Mobile Internet extremely slow compared to Vodafone

I am also in the same boat. I am just fed up with Aircel connection. In 2G all telecom providers are the same. They gives a slow speed which is of no use at all. I am also looking for some nice internet package which is better in speed as well which is cheaper.

I have a Vodafone connection and it works really well. I am having a android device. I use the regular data pack. I will not say that it is great, but it is reasonable enough to give appropriate output. I am using WeeChat only on the same and it works really well. It takes a few while to download audio files but works really well. Second thing for video calling also it is better. It can be a bit complicated for using video call on 2G. The reason lies with poor bandwidth. In my case the video lags a lot but still when I am in good coverage area the chat goes well. Whatever mobile pack you are using you will only get reasonable speed when your coverage is proper. It is common with all kind of telecom provider. The most you can do here is complain on the customer care of provider and tell them about your issue. There can be some issue with connectivity also. I had seen there is a very poor output with all kinds of 2G plan. But still sometime in Vodafone I get a reasonable output. My WeeChat works great here. I am going to switch for 3G soon of the same Vodafone connection. Does anyone has any idea about the speed output. I hope this will be great not dull like 2G.

I am using Airtel here. It is nice but not so good. I can use it for emails, and chatting. I had seen it takes a bit time to sync mail but still works. There is a slow speed but it is constant. This type of connections are useless from android devices.

Re: Aircel Mobile Internet extremely slow compared to Vodafone

That is the reason I never go with cheaper plans. They are just waste of money. It is better you spend more and buy a good 3G connection. And for android devices you obviously needs a good internet plans or else this kind of issue keeps on appearing constantly. I am using a nice 3G plan of Airtel that works really fine. But it is a limited plan. So I have to use it wisely. Ample of time extra things are working your mobile phone. This is common with android. Many applications download updates and cause slow bandwidth. So have to first disable all those automatic updates. I had seen this in my mobile a number of time. I had downloaded some set of games. Whenever the net is on the applications are updated automatically which at a time consumes around 20 to 40mb easily. I removed them and the net speed is bit improved. So just get rid of unwanted application and test it once again. I think that will he helpful.