Thread: How to get refund from wrong mobile recharge

How to get refund from wrong mobile recharge

I need some help here. I had accidentally performed a wrong mobile recharge. I am using an ICICI online mobile recharge service. I am not able to find out any way to get refund. I am using a vodafone connection. Whom should I contact. Vodafone or ICICI. I went online to find out any service which can take care of this stuff. But there is nothing found. Can anyone tell me a proper way of claiming refund by wrong mobile recharge.

Re: How to get refund from wrong mobile recharge

You can contact ICICI for that. But there are certain terms and condition for asking refund. Recharge are only refund if you fit well in those conditions. Like for ICICI you can ask for refund if you had recharged on a invalid mobile number or number of that did not exist.

If you are having a prepaid connection and mistakenly you had recharged a postpaid number. Recharge on number that does comes under ICICI telecom provider list.

I did that long before. I recharged for some Rs.500 and that was sent to a wrong number. I had called customer care they said they cannot do anything. It is so annoying. I had bought a new mobile number at that time and I got confused with one digit. That caused a loss of Rs.500. I contacted the person who got the money. He just ignored my call. I do not think this telecom companies are really serious in helping people when they land in such problems.

You have to talk to the customer of service which you had used. Like ICICI. If they says they cannot do anything you can try some other way. In India there is no proper facility or a separate section available where you can claim this kind of stuff. There must be some way to block payment and get the same back in your account. And many people who makes minor wrong recharge simply ignore the same. As there is a waste of time if calling and then running behind the claim.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you soon. Kindly refer '4174233' in the subject line.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Quote Originally Posted by pele1200 View Post
    I need some help here. I had accidentally performed a wrong mobile recharge. I am using an ICICI online mobile recharge service. I am not able to find out any way to get refund. I am using a vodafone connection. Whom should I contact. Vodafone or ICICI. I went online to find out any service which can take care of this stuff. But there is nothing found. Can anyone tell me a proper way of claiming refund by wrong mobile recharge.

Hey Pele1200,

What was your resolution? Can you share with us? I am facing the same problem.
    Wannabe a TECHGURU

Quote Originally Posted by Chinmin View Post
    Hey Pele1200,

What was your resolution? Can you share with us? I am facing the same problem.
    Well, did you also face similar kind of issues? Incase your order is not successful even after the mobile providers retrying to process it, then they will automatically refund your money into your talktime ewallet for your immediate or later use. You can also try to email your mobile service providers about the issue and they will revert back the money.