Thread: Telecom Department blocked Putlocker.com

Telecom Department blocked Putlocker.com

I think Putlocker.com is blocked by the Telecom Department. They are still testing something out. It is a bit weird when I faced the error message while accessing the website. I am having a account on it created just a few weeks ago to share media files. It is similar to 4shared.com. I am using a local ISP. When I try to open the website I am getting a message on the screen "The URL you requested has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom(CHNN)". Is anyone getting the same error while opening putlocker.com. I had kept some files on it, and if it is permanently blocked in India, how can access the uploade files.

Re: Telecom Department blocked Putlocker.com

I am using Airtel and I am able to a access that. Who's server you are using. You can try back after sometime. There are certain policies if a site fails to comply the DOT blocks them and then releases on the basis of petition provided by the webmaster. There were some sites which were blocked recently but again they were working. The second way to access those website is through proxy. There are ample of free proxies available on the web. You can test any of them and get your files back. Unlike media sharing I think this putlocker also landed in some kind of copyright infringement problem.

I am using Airtel and I am able to a access that. Who's server you are using. You can try back after sometime. There are certain policies if a site fails to comply the DOT blocks them and then releases on the basis of petition provided by the webmaster. There were some sites which were blocked recently but again they were working. The second way to access those website is through proxy. There are ample of free proxies available on the web. You can test any of them and get your files back. Unlike media sharing I think this putlocker also landed in some kind of copyright infringement problem.

No, it is not blocked. It is working fine. I am not getting any message here. I am accessing the website from Mumbai and it is working fine. Which region you belong. It looks your ISP is trying to filter some sites and adding them in the filter list. But as you know the way our DOT works, we can expect this kind of flaws. My friend who stays at Delhi has a BSNL internet connection. I had asked him on chat about putlocker and he said that it is blocked in his region also. But he is able to access that through proxy. There is a option on Opera Web Browser. Called as Turbo. When you activate that your IP address is hidden on the web and due to that a number of region locked websites are accessible. Just try it.