Thread: Aircel 3g shows connected but I cannot access internet

Aircel 3g shows connected but I cannot access internet

I am using Aircel 3g service on my huawei modem from 3 months and I never had a single issue with it by now. However, since last night when I am connecting it to my laptop than it shows connected but I am not able to access internet after a couple of minutes. I don’t get any error message as well, I have to unplug it and plug it again to get the internet working but again after sometimes internet stops working even though its status show connected.

Re: Aircel 3g shows connected but I cannot access internet

It seems as if there is something wrong with your huawei modem but I am not sure about it. I want to know if you have tried contacting Aircel support to make sure that there is nothing wrong form their side??? If you haven’t than better have a word with them and address them the issue you are going through. In case if there’s anything wrong with their network than they will help you out with possible trouble shooting to fix this issue.

I had called them up an hour before but they said there is nothing wrong with their network. They suggested me trouble shooting solutions like uninstalling and reinstalling the device software, uninstalling and reinstalling the software that I used for making the connection but they were of no help. Later they told me to visit their nearest service center, that’s it. Their service center is far from my place and I won’t be able to visit it until weekend. So if there is anything else that I can try out before that than please let me know, further help for fixing this issue will be highly appreciated.

See there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your laptop. Have you tried connecting your Huawei 3G Dongle from Aircel to some other laptop or system?I think testing your dongle first on other system will be definitely be a better idea. At least it will help you to eliminate one possible cause of this issue.

I agree but the thing is that I don’t have another system at home. I just have my laptop for home use. Anyways I will surely check it out on systems at my office and will let you know the result. I don’t think there might be anything wrong with my system as I keep it up to date and like I’ve mentioned things were working fine until last night. I feel as if there is some kind of network issue and Aircel people are just pretending it. I have tried using my laptop close to window and I get the same response, so there is nothing in my house that might interfere with the network connection. Just let me know if there is anything else that I can check out rather than plugging my dongle to some other system.

Frankly speaking I can’t think of anything else to suggest, In case you find your dongle working on other system than you can revert back to me again for trouble shooting your laptop further, best of luck.