Thread: Only Rs. 98 for Vodafone 3G 2 GB plan

Only Rs. 98 for Vodafone 3G 2 GB plan

I was surfing the website of Vodafone to get information about the latest 3G plans that they provide and I came across a 3G internet plan that had price of Rs. 98 and had validity for 30 days. I was surprised to find this plan available as this is the cheapest 3G plan that I have ever heard of. Does everyone else too think same about it?

Re: Only Rs. 98 for Vodafone 3G 2 GB plan

I think that this must be some seasonal offer that must have put up by the Vodafone. This offer must be available exclusively for few days, maybe 2 or 3 days at maximum. I don’t think that this offer was available for Delhi where I live. There are many Vodafone users in my friend circle and no one knows about. Maybe the region in which you live must be having some festival or special occasion. So maybe for this purpose this special plan must have been introduced.

I think it must be some mistake with the website of Vodafone. They must be updating or changing the content of the website or the specific webpage in which this must have been displayed by mistake. I searched for the same plan again on the 3G tariff page and I found that the plan that you have mentioned is not there. It must either be available only for some specific region or maybe it was put by Vodafone on their website by mistake.

I too visited the website of Vodafone and I didn’t find anything that could be related to a scheme like the one which you have mentioned in your post. I think it must be some kind of typing mistake or maybe the person updating the information must have messed the plans of 3G with 2G or something else. But at present there is no such plan available under Vodafone. Still if you have any doubts, you can visit the nearest Vodafone service center and enquire about the mentioned 3G plan. I am sure that they will clarify your doubts.

I've got a message in my mobile and stating the same thing. I think, this could be an introducing offer. They might provide this plan for Rs.98 for first month and then will change it to regular price.

Quote Originally Posted by venket.a View Post
    I've got a message in my mobile and stating the same thing. I think, this could be an introducing offer. They might provide this plan for Rs.98 for first month and then will change it to regular price.
    I think there is a mistake. I have checked from my local dealer and they are giving 99 Rs. card for 2g internet and not 3g. This also has a limit of 1gb data internet usage. When you will cross the limit then you will be charged 10 paise per 10 kb or so. For 3g data internet Vodafone is charging 375 Rs. for 1gb i am afraid so.

Quote Originally Posted by amol21 View Post
    I think there is a mistake. I have checked from my local dealer and they are giving 99 Rs. card for 2g internet and not 3g. This also has a limit of 1gb data internet usage. When you will cross the limit then you will be charged 10 paise per 10 kb or so. For 3g data internet Vodafone is charging 375 Rs. for 1gb i am afraid so.
    Yes, he is correct as the 2G ( GPRS/EDGE ) plan is 98 Rs with 2 GB usage limit a month. As this is the same offer which I have got in Airtel when I used Edge and now am paying Rs 100 for 300 mb in AIRTEL for 3G service....So the price is really not competitive and probably everyone will move to Vodafone if there is something like that...Check that again or contact Vodafone CC

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    Yes, he is correct as the 2G ( GPRS/EDGE ) plan is 98 Rs with 2 GB usage limit a month. As this is the same offer which I have got in Airtel when I used Edge and now am paying Rs 100 for 300 mb in AIRTEL for 3G service....So the price is really not competitive and probably everyone will move to Vodafone if there is something like that...Check that again or contact Vodafone CC
    Hey dude, I checked the stores and they are giving 1gb limit of 2g internet for Rs. 99 and not Rs. 98? Also, I have a citibank credit card which lets me recharge the 3g internet for Rs. 375 for a limit of 1gb on vodafone. I havent heard of any Rs. 98 plan of Vodafone for 3g internet for a limit of 2gb data? If so then is there anyone who can provide more details about it. It will be really awesome if we can get 3g internet at such a cheap rate from Vodafone.