Thread: Using 3G internet on 2G internet subscribe package of Airtel

Using 3G internet on 2G internet subscribe package of Airtel

I have a Airtel connection with me on my phone which I have been using for many months till now. I have a 3G internet connection available on this connection and it is available on this connection. Yesterday, I wanted to get this connection recharged for which I went into the local mobile recharge shop. I asked him for Rs. 98 internet recharge. Actually I forgot to mention that I wanted it for 3G internet and the person recharged my internet connection for 2G network. Will this make any difference; I haven’t connected to internet yet.

Re: Using 3G internet on 2G internet subscribe package of Airtel

This problem is completely dependent on the network provider. This same thing happened with me once. I am using Reliance’s network and I too got the 2G internet connection recharge done in my phone instead of 3G internet network. But since the settings of the 2G internet were present in my phone, the internet worked on 2G network. Though slow, at least my money didn’t go wasted. If your phone has settings for 2G internet, then you can use 2G internet recharge in place of 3G internet.

Re: Using 3G internet on 2G internet subscribe package of Airtel

This mistake happens lot of time and it happened with two of my friends. I don’t know what they did exactly, but I suggest you to visit the Airtel customer care center and ask the concerned person about this mistake. I am sure that there must be some way to change the plan or maybe provide you recharge. Also if the Airtel’s 2G settings in your phone are not erased or replaced by 3G internet settings, you can use the 2G internet till it expires.