Thread: Idea network is charging for data roaming

Idea network is charging for data roaming

I have just brought an Idea SIM card as I need to use internet many times to check my mails. I have subscribed for normal 2G plan. I started using it and I was satisfied with the service at first. But then I had to go out of the town for three days for office work. Out of my home city, I started using internet on Idea network and I got charged according to the roaming charges. When I had brought Idea SIM card, it was because there is no roaming charge on it, why this is happening, can someone tell me?

Re: Idea network is charging for data roaming

I too think that there is something wrong in your case, you shouldn’t be charged according to the roaming prices for using internet on Idea’s network. My first guess in this case is that you must have picked up a wrong plan on the SIM card. Every plan has different terms and conditions. Maybe you didn’t get any information about them. My suggestion is that you should call in the customer care and get information about your plan. After you understand the plan, you can change it for any other plan which will not charge your data transfer for roaming.

Re: Idea network is charging for data roaming

I think that there is some mistake from Idea’s side regarding the charges on your connection. You can contact the customer care centre and ask for rectification of this problem. You will need to submit your personal details like Name, Address, contact number and so on. Along with these details, you will also need to submit, the Token no., plan type also. If you are using Netsetter then you can also submit its details. If you have purchased it from some vendor other than official Idea centre, then you will have to mention its name and address too. I am sure that Idea Network will solve your problem.