Thread: How to use two landline phones on single line

How to use two landline phones on single line

I have a BSNL telephone line at my home. We have two rooms. The phone is kept in the hall. I need some kind of option by which I can simply attach parallel phone to the existing line so that more people can use the same. It is not worth at all to get additional line in the house. It would be a bit more irritating.

Re: How to use two landline phones on single line

You can do that with adsl splitter. Call your telephone company to fix up a adsl splitter at your home. I am sure this is going to help you. I have one in which one line is hooked to a modem. Ample of time I disconnect the model and add a instrument for calling it works quiet well.

There is a more easy option available. Instead of that get a cordless phone. There are some brands that offer you 2 to 4 set of phone with a single instrument. You just have to hook the line to device that you can use the phone your entire home. This is one of the easiest way of using multiple phones on a single line. At our office we have 4 cordless phone kept in different sections. The issue with this is that you cannot make a call if other one is using it. This is best for basic and home usage.

If you go for a single phone stuff then you can can get a decent device under Rs.2000 while for multiple handset you have to pay higher. The phone works fine and offer you a larger frequency of carrying it any place you want. Panasonic KX-TG4312BX is one I am using. It is small and comes with dock. You will get two sets of the same. Cordless phones mostly works on battery. If you try to use a splitter then you have to buy additional wires and move them from one room to another. Second thing there is a bit disturbance in the splitter. It cannot be configured by you, you have to call the telephone guy to configure the same properly.

It is right. Going for a cordless phone will be a much better option. Check for Binatone LINK. There are two sets of phone here that you can use at your home. It is a bluetooh phone easy to use.

Panasonic has quite a nice series of cordless phone available. But Beetle is the most trusted brand among them all. You can find a decent phone under Rs.3000. There are different devices that can be used to use parallel lines but they are complicated. I had used the splitter thing before. There is one more option that you can go for. In companies mostly PBX phone system. The issue with this is that one needs to keep on sitting near the phone to transfer it to the other line. This is the best option I had seen.

Just get a good phone wiring at your home and hook up a pbs on the start part. It rings the first and to transfer the line you need to press the key and key the phone down. It is automatically transferred. PBX is quiet a good alternative for big houses and offices. Yet they are one of the cheapest option you have to use multiple phones on a single line. There are number of portable device that can do this job. Some of them care called as divider. Splitter box is the most common thing you can go for. It is more cheaper and there is no need to by any new instrument.