Thread: Tata Docomo GPRS connectivity drops automatically

Tata Docomo GPRS connectivity drops automatically

I having a Tata Docomo prepaid connection that i actually switched to docomo from Vodafone via MNP just because of GPRS connection as it is cheap and better than Vodafone. In the start, GPRS was working good, but after 3 to 4 months it started giving me connection problem.

I use Nimbuzz, Fring and many more internet apps including Whatsapp that use to be connected online always. Now the problem is, though i can see the EDGE Symbol on the top, my internet wont works. I cannot load pages on browsers, Whatsapp shows 'connecting' messages, etc. It wont connect unless i restart my mobile. Is it just me or other users also facing this problem ?

Re: Tata Docomo GPRS connectivity drops automatically

That is a well known problem in Docomo We cant do anything about it. But as you said you need to restart your phone everytime to make it work again, you actually dont need to do that. If you have any latest Nokia phone, just press power button and you will get an option saying "Offline". Click on it and after few seconds click back to general profile. By clicking on Offline, it means your phone will be on but network will be cut off, and when you come back to General profile again, network comes back. During this your network gets refreshed and hence Internet connection starts working. try this, it is better to reboot devices again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    If you have any latest Nokia phone, just press power button and you will get an option saying "Offline". Click on it and after few seconds click back to general profile. By clicking on Offline, it means your phone will be on but network will be cut off, and when you come back to General profile again, network comes back. During this your network gets refreshed and hence Internet connection starts working. try this, it is better to reboot devices again and again.
    Thats great tip buddy, i was not aware of that. Even i am facing connection drop issue with my docomo connection but mine is Samsung galaxy Y. And there is no such option to go offline. How to make it work here ? Please help.

As galaxy y is an Android phone, there is alternate and better option available. Just go to settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > and uncheck “Data Enabled”. After some time, check it again and you are done. This will refresh your GPRS connection.

You can also try this to make it offline: Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > and Check “Air Plane Mode”. That’s it. Check it back again after few seconds to come into normal mode.