Thread: transfer limit of 1gb data of Airtel Edge Rs. 98 plan?

transfer limit of 1gb data of Airtel Edge Rs. 98 plan?

Am here to get bit info about Airtel EDGE/GPRS. I was using Airtel a year ago but due to some reason i need to switch to Vodafone. Now am back to airtel with the same old number i had a year ago. At that team i was using GPRS plan of RS 98 where i use to get 1GB of data transfer.

I want to know is it still live ? How to activate it now and what are the settings ? Please help me soon.

Re: transfer limit of 1gb data of Airtel Edge Rs. 98 plan?

Dude, you are talking about a year old plan, now many changes have been changed. Now as 3G is rocking the network markets, GPRS has gotten very cheaper than before. Yes, there is still Rs 98 plan available in Airtel but with 2GB transfer limit instead of 1Gb. Its good for us, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by hAVELOCK View Post
    I want to know is it still live ? How to activate it now and what are the settings ? Please help me soon.
    Yeah, it is still live with more benefits. instead of 1GB now you get 2GB data for the same price. In order to activate you can call their customer care @ 121 or 198. And ask them what sms you need to send from your mobile to activate the plan. Am not sure but it use to be GPRSACT to 511 but still you confirm with them. Also tell them to send you the GPRS/MMS settings on your mobile. They will do it in minutes.

I was subscribed for the same a year ago when they were providing 2GB for 98, later they limited it to just 1GB without informing. Also they dint informed when my 1GB data transfer was over and deducted from balance for the over usage. Hence, the next day i switched my number to Tata Docomo via Mobile NUmber Portability service and guess what, now am getting 2GB data for just rs 39/-. Far better than Airtel or Vodofone.