Thread: Need Teracom BSNL modem USB drivers

Need Teracom BSNL modem USB drivers

I have been trying to install drivers for my new BSNL Teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI modem usb driver but when I am running Setup then I am getting an error message saying "The DSL modem is already installed. To upgrade the software, remove the old software and run Setup again". I don’t know why I am getting that error message even when I have uninstalled the old one. I really don’t know what to do and I need to install its driver somehow as my pc is not recognizing my modem when I am connecting it via usb. Is there anything I can do further?

Re: Need Teracom BSNL modem USB drivers

I think that you might have not uninstalled old driver properly. You can try uninstalling that old driver using driver sweeper and then install the latest USB driver for your Teracom BSNL modem. Just make sure that there is no instance of the old driver in your system before installing latest USB driver. You can manually check out for files related to old driver and delete them once you get hold of them. Just try using driver sweeper as I have said and let me know if you face any issue further.

You can try following the below steps:
    1. First disconnect USB port cable from modem and uninstall your old driver
    2. After that extract teracom USB driver by unzipping it and save it in C:/Teracom/Usb drivers.
    3. Once you are done with the same then reboot your system, connect your modem via usb cable and let windows detect new hardware.
    4. When your hardware gets detected and ask for driver then you can point it to C:/Teracom/Usb drivers for installing new driver.
    5. After the installation process gets completed reboot your system again and you should not have any issue further.

I have tried following the steps you both have mentioned, even after using driver sweeper and uninstalling old driver completely when I am trying to install the new drivers then I am getting the same error message. My Teracom BSNL modem is still not getting recognized. My system is running on windows xp and I can’t see ADSL Modem listed in device manager. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling usb driver and scanning for hardware changes several times but no avail. I am really running out of ideas now, further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

I wanted to know from where you have downloaded USB driver for your ADSL Modem. It seems as if the driver you are trying to install is not supported. You may need to check out for some other driver, if possible then try changing your usb cable and see if there is something wrong with it or not. If you don’t see any difference after changing the usb cable then better contact bsnl and address them your issue along with the solutions that you have tried so far check out what they have to say about it. If they might be having a compatible driver then they will point you to download it. I don’t think there is anything else you will be able to do from your site if your modem is not getting recognized.

I have downloaded the driver file from this site, I don’t know why it is not working out for me. Why will they provide such driver for download it if it is not supported or not working? Any ideas? Can anyone provide me some other link from where I can download appropriate usb driver for my BSNL Teracom Type-II ADSL MODEM??

That’s weird, the site you have linked above is a good site I don’t know why their driver is not working. I have just now checked regarding the issue and have came across people complaining about the same thing after downloading driver for T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI modem. I have also checked out other sites providing driver for this model their link is broken. You should really contact bsnl regarding a compatible driver for your product.