Thread: How to see Tata Sky HD on computer monitor

How to see Tata Sky HD on computer monitor

Guys I am having Tata Sky HD connection at my place and I am having a computer monitor that is not being used. I wanted to know if it is possible to see Tata Sky HD on that monitor by making a connection to it? If yes then how? Will I have to get some different cable for that? Any ideas?

Re: How to see Tata Sky HD on computer monitor

See if you are having a monitor with HDMI input then you can plug in the HDMI cable to it for making the connection. If you are having a monitor with DVI input then you will have to get a HDMI to DVI cable for that. If you are having old generation monitor with VGA input then you can get YPbPr (component video) to VGA cable. As far as the audio is concerned you can simply get a RCA female to 3.5" stereo female pin and connect it to your speaker to STB's RCA out directly, hope that helps.

I am having an old generation monitor with VGA input, so for that you have mentioned some “YPbPr (component video) to VGA cable”. I wanted to know if it will be available in normal shops? I am asking so because I am familiar with HDMI and DVI cables but I have never heard of “YPbPr (component video) to VGA cable”. I doubt if I will get it in local stores? Is there any other cable that I can use for making the connection? Further help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am not aware of any other cable that can be used to connect Tata Sky HD to monitor having VGA input. YPbPr (component video) to VGA cable should be there in local stores but I am not sure about it. Since you are having old generation computer monitor I don’t think it will be a better idea to use it with Tata Sky HD. I mean there will be huge quality loss, almost all channels of Tata Sky HD have 1920x1080 signal and if you will watch it on 1024x768 monitor or lower then you won’t get desired picture quality.