Thread: In India does iPhone 4S supports CDMA network

In India does iPhone 4S supports CDMA network

From past one month this question is going around in my mind and still I have not got any answer for this doubt. My brother bought me a brand new iPhone 4S and I have still not used it just because I am not clear with my doubts. This is the last time I am trying to get the answer.

I wanted to use a CDMA network but I can use it only if I get a positive answer. Is it really possible for me to use a CDMA network on iPhone 4S? Already I mentioned the location, I am in India and I am not sure whether iPhone 4S supports CDMA network over here. Anyone aware of it.

Re: In India does iPhone 4S supports CDMA network

Hey if you are talking about the usual iPhone 4S then it is not at all possible but I would like to tell you that there is an iPhone 4S available for CDMA. They are the CDMA model of iPhone 4S. Now there are certain drawbacks with this model of iPhone 4S.

The first thing is that this type of iPhone 4S comes up as a carrier locked and they cannot be unlocked.

So if you buy a CDMA iPhone 4S then understand that you cannot use any network operator’s SIM other than the one to which your phone is locked.
    The biggest problem is that no Indian Network providers provides a CDMA locked iPhone 4S so I don’t think you will get it even if you plan to purchase it from India.

Yes, that’s a fact. In either of the way it becomes completely impossible for you to enable CDMA network for iPhone 4S. first of all a normal iPhone 4S is not at all possible to support the CDMA network as a special CDMA iPhone is designed just for the support of CDMA. Now if you plan to purchase a CDMA iPhone 4S from outside India and decide to use it in India by unlocking it then it is a bad idea as you already know that you cannot unlock a CDMA iPhone. So therefore getting the phone from outside the country is also not possible. In India I don’t think you can ever get a locked CDMA iPhone 4S. Overall the idea of using an iPhone 4S with the support of CDMA network being in India is not at all possible.

It’s just a mere prediction I am doing. I am not sure and also I do not have any idea about it but I strongly feel that making iPhone 4S work on a MEID architecture would work for you. Mobile equipment identifier (MEID) architecture can probably do a trick.

They say that iPhone 4S is one of the global phone but how come it is not supported for CDMA. There might be something which could make things working.